Experience the most famous aspect of Czech culture – the secret of Czech beer and brewing! Enjoy a guided tour at Prague’s biggest brewery – learning about its history and the brewing process. Join the narrated beer tasting at the Brewery bar and follow-up by learning how to tap your own beer! What better way to finish this great experience than by having a traditional Czech meal at the brewery. Why not enjoy another beer with your meal?
- 03:15 p.m. ENG 01:45 p.m. DE 10:15 a.m. RU
Food and drink
- Discover the secrets of the Prague’s biggest brewery, its history, and the process of beer production
- Enjoy Beer tasting in an atmospheric Brewery bar
- Learn how to properly tap beer, and receive your own certificate at the tapping school
- Taste a traditional Czech dish
A lot has been said and written about Czech beer. Brewing has a long and rich history across Czech lands with the oldest evidence of a brewery being founded in 993. Czech’s can proudly rank themselves among the most traditional brewing nations. There used to be a brewery on almost every street of Prague until the 19th century so the German guide book of 1750 was not exaggerating when it suggested that “the foremost livelihood of the Prague inhabitants is really the brewing of beer“.
There are more than 400 breweries in the Czech Republic, 30 of them located in Prague. Join us on a guided tour of the biggest and the most famous one in Prague – the Staropramen Brewery, which was founded in 1869.
Meet your guide in the very heart of the city-the Old Town Bridge Tower-and take a romantic stroll across the Charles Bridge. Then, after a short tram ride, reach the historical complex of Staropramen Brewery and its high tech Visitors Centre. Here, you will enjoy an informative yet entertaining journey through the history of the Staropramen Brewery, their brewing process, and lastly, bottling and shipping. Entertaining videos, a wide range of sound effects, holograms, and all sorts of memorabilia make this tour dynamic and interesting.
Of course, after learning about delicious Prague beer, it is best to give it a try! You will have the opportunity to try 4 different kinds of Staropramen beer with commentary from the beer specialist. As a gift you will receive limited-edition beer coasters.
Tapping school starts straight after the beer tasting. You will learn about technology, cooling systems, how to clean a beer glass, tapping process and at the end you will also tap your own beer! Each participant will receive a certificate of completion from the tapping school.
The tour will finish with a traditional Czech meal inside the brewery. How about another beer to go with it?
- Professional guide
- Brewery excursion with beer tasting (4 kinds of Staropramen beer + homemade chips with garlic dip)
- Tapping school with certificate
- Traditional Czech meal
- Limited edition beer coasters
- 10% discount for souvenirs at the brewery (not an e-shop) by shopping 500 CZK +
- Public transport ticket
Meeting point info
- Křižovnické náměstí, by the statue of Charles Iv., our guide will hold an orange umbrella.
Directions: the nearest public transport stop is "Staroměstská" (tram,bus,metro A).
Meeting point map
Know before you go
- Be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of your tour
- Wear warm clothing in autumn/winter time and bring an umbrella in case of rain
- Bring passport or ID card with you
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions, we will do our best to accommodate you
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- The minimum drinking age is 18
- Not wheelchair accessible