Learn how to cook traditional Czech meals with a 4-hour market tour and cooking class at the largest cooking school in the Czech Republic. With an expert chef, dive into Prague Market to pick up fresh local ingredients, learn about Czech culinary habits as you browse and buy. Next, prepare a 3-course meal of Czech culinary favourites with the help of the Chefparade chefs, who will lead you through the entire process. Finish off by enjoying the Czech delicacies with your fellow chefs.
Food and drink
- Explore Prague Market to pick up fresh and seasonal local ingredients
- Learn to cook a traditional 3-course Czech meal
- Chefparade chefs will teach you how to prepare typical Czech dishes as goulash, dumplings, potato pancakes and apple strudel
- Savour your finished dishes
Chefparade in Holešovice has two state-of-the-art kitchen studios with a bar. The studios can be divided into two separate spaces or combined to create a large space measuring 450 m2 that can accommodate over 100 people.
During your 4-hour tour, you will first explore Prague market hall, guided by our chef while taking in the atmosphere of shopping for fresh local products. There’s nothing better than cooking from fresh, local ingredients. Once stocked up, head to the nearby cooking studio, don an apron, and begin. You will get a briefing on the dishes that make up your chosen 3-course menu, and start preparing the supplied ingredients. Learn handy tips on Czech cooking styles, preferences and seasonings.
Depending on your chosen menu, you could be cooking up dishes like traditional potato soup with mushrooms, known as "bramboračka," goulash with dumplings, bramboráky (potato pancakes with smoked meat or cheese) or ovocné knedlíky (fruit dumplings).
After roughly two or three hours of cooking, sit down to enjoy your culinary masterpiece with your fellow cooks. Receive feedback from your chef about each dish and learn more about Czech cooking as you eat and relax. If you wish, pair your food with the drinks available (at your own expense), including alcoholic drinks.
Looking for a little extra? Taste some Moravian wine or take home a stylish culinary memento.
Take a look at our extras and include something that puts a smile on your face.
- 3-course menu prepared by you including cooking ingredients
- Market tour
- Cooking class
- Kitchen utensils and equipment
- Recipes that you can take with you after the course
- Drinks (available for purchase)
Meeting point info
- Chefparade Cooking School, Bubenske nabr, 306/13, Prague Market, Hall No. 36, Prague 7 - Holešovice The venue is located in Pražská tržnice at Holešovice. If you go by tram, it’s just one stop from metro station Vltavská on red line C.
Meeting point map
Know before you go
- Bring comfortable clothes
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian dishes are available as options if you wish
- Children cooking class on request only (children must be of similar age)
- Not wheelchair accessible