Listen to a unique classical organ concert. St. Giles church has the biggest classical organ in Prague with 3500 reed-pipes, 3 manuals and 50 ranks (organ - pistons). The quality of music production is guaranteed by the musicians and singers who are mostly soloists from renowned music orchestras, including the National Theatre, FOK, The Czech Philharmonic and Professors of the Academy of Performing Arts. Both the uniqueness of the baroque-romantic organ as well as the exclusive virtuosity of the performers determine your experience from a concert.
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- 08:00 p.m. in summer season (1.4.-20.11), 04:30 p.m. in winter season (21.11.-31.3.)
- Admire the beauty of a church organ, absolutely unique in Prague due to its sound and size
- Listen to music in the place where Miloš Forman shot scenes of his famous film Amadeus
- Enjoy a wonderful mix of classical music expertly performed by professional Prague musicians
- Experience it all amongst a splendid interior with the perfect acoustics of St. Giles Church
The beautifully crafted 13th century St. Giles Church is situated in the heart of Old Town and isset amongst narrow streets and quaint buildings in this enchanting area of Prague. Gothic on the outside and Baroque within, St. Giles is a grand church, its high ceilings adorned with ornate frescos.
The magnificent organ at St. Giles dates from 1737 and has rare historical value. It is the biggest classical organ in Prague, with 3500 reed-pipes, and is decorated with Baroque wood-carvings by F.I. Weise.
St. Giles Church is still partly a Monastery of the Dominican order. The whole of the interior of the church including the benches you will sit on date from 1686.
The orchestra under the name of the Czech String Chamber Ensemble has been established under the leadership of Jakub Janský, the violin soloist, since 1996. Its members - predominantly soloists – have a very wide and colorful repertoire. They demonstrate a high level of Czech interpretative art and an intimate feel for playing. This is also why the orchestra performs abroad. The ensemble and its soloists have been invited to numerous international performances.
- Ticket for the performance
- Printed Program in English
Meeting point info
- St. Giles Church (kostel Sv.Jiljí), Husova 8, Praha 1, 110 00
Meeting point map
Know before you go
- The church is open 10 minutes before the start of the performance
- Free choice of seating available (first come first serve)
- During the winter the interior is heated, but it is advisable to wear warm clothing for the concerts
- Blankets are available in case you feel chilly
- No official dress code for concerts, attire is mostly smart casual
- Cancellation policy for group of 10 people or more may differ from our standard cancellation policy due to high demand
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- *ℹ Only valid with student ID (public transport pass) or other document that proves the study (ISIC)
- Wheelchair accessible
Sorry - this product is no longer available