Don’t miss a unique performance that relies on a simple secret – the dark itself - that will open a magical world before you. You will find out what it’s like to be in someone else’s dream, and to enjoy an enchanted world of visual fantasy with beautiful colours, astonishing shapes and captivating music. Prepare yourself for surprising moments, and enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime emotive experience.
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- The performance combines the amazing techniques of modern black light theatre with 4D effects
- Come, relax, and have fun in a fairytale world
- Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience full of enchantment
- It’s a magical event for the whole family
Black light theatre originated in ancient China. The first black light theatre performance was created for the emperor’s entertainment. Its magical attractiveness has been based on a simple secret – the dark itself. The actors dress in black costumes and wear black gloves and masks. The fluorescent lights highlighting the objects painted with fluorescent dye are the building blocks of this optical illusion. The actors move objects painted in fluorescent dye so that it seems like these objects are floating in the air.
For this magic to be successful, the entire theatre auditorium must be completely submerged in darkness, and it must remain dark during the performance. Both the stage and the audience must be in pitch black, where no light can penetrate. This is the magical “black cabinet”, which gave the black light theatre its name.
The actual story is the tale of a man who is searching for himself, and manages to defeat his fears with the help of magical beings. The visually rich presentation will open a magical dream world before you. Be witness to a spectacle during which our hero saves a child imprisoned in a web of fear. He overcomes obstacles thanks to the power of the gifts he receives along his journey. But don’t worry, not even your children will be afraid – they will be enthused and amazed.
- Ticket for the performance
Meeting point info
- Theatre Broadway, Na Příkopě 31, Praha 1, 110 00 Theatre Broadway is located in the Broadway passage which connects Na Příkopě (31) street and Celetná (38) street. Entrance both from Na Příkopě and Celetná street. The nearest metro/subway station is Náměstí Republiky (yellow line B)
Meeting point map
Know before you go
- Free choice of seating available (first come first served)
- We recommend you arrive approx. 20min before beginning
- Infants (0-2 years old) are entitled to their own seat free of charge
- Suitable for all age categories
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- *ℹ Only valid with student ID (public transport pass) or other document that proves the study (ISIC)
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible