Come and learn about the history of the typical Czech fruit spirit called Slivovitz (Slivovice) in the interactive exhibition located close to the Vltava river right in the center of Prague! Follow the journey of the plum from the plum orchard all the way to the distillery and final bottling. You can look forward to interesting projections, genuine exhibits, and an exclusive 5D show in virtual reality. You will get a chance to taste 3 types of fruit spirits paired with typical Wallachian finger food at the end of your tour.
Food and drink
- 12:00 p.m. - 06:00 p.m. ( every full hour)
- Enjoy an unforgettable experience from the world of fruit spirits production, the history of distillery in Vizovice and life in Wallachia
- Have fun with exclusive 5D experience where you literally become a plum
- Taste 3 kinds of the fruit distillates paired with typical Wallachian finger food
- Choose between Standard or Premium (Kosher) tasting *
- Purchase a complete portfolio of genuine fruit spirits, real plum jam, plum tea, and prunes in the souvenir shop
- Take an opportunity to print a customized label which you can add on the bottle bought in a gift shop
The Czech Republic is not only the land of beer. There are other alcoholic beverages with centuries-long tradition: fruit brandies, especially those made with plums.
Slivovitz is an exquisite alcoholic beverage which has been produced mainly in Central and Eastern Europe for centuries. It is typical for both Moravia and Bohemia. It is made from plums and has between 40 and 55 percent alcohol. The tradition of fruit spirits reaches as far back as 1585. The company itself arose at the end of the 19th century, in 1894. RUDOLF JELINEK’s products are well known all over the Czech Republic as well as in the world.
The Slivovitz Museum “Distillery Land” in Prague opened to the public in 2019.
During the interactive exhibition, you will get acquainted with the main principles of production, the history of slivovitz, and the traditions of the company as a major Czech producer and exporter in the production of fruit spirits and other alcoholic beverages.
You can look forward to projections, exhibits, and an exclusive 5D experience with virtual reality.
Part of the tour is also tasting of 3 fruit distillates paired with canapés inside the stylish bar with an atmosphere of the modern Wallachia. You can choose between the Standard or Premium (Kosher) tasting.
*Kosher spirits are produced in accordance with the Jewish faith. No ingredients, equipment or procedures that contradict the tenets of the Jewish religion are used in production. Each stage of production is personally overseen by a rabbi.
At the end of the tour, in a beautiful area of the shop, you may purchase a complete portfolio of genuine fruit spirits, Czech gold Cock whisky and other products originating from the distillery in Vizovice. In addition to it, you may find real plum jam, plum tea, prunes and also R. JELÍNEK brand souvenirs.
- 55-minute interactive, guideless tour in English (audio guides in other languages on request)
- 5D show in virtual reality
- Free tasting of 3 fruit distillates/plum lemonade and 3 Wallachian canapés
Meeting point info
- U Lužického semináře 116, Praha 1, 118 00
Meeting point map
Know before you go
- The exhibition is self guided in Czech and English languages, audio guides are available on request in German, Russian, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Hebrew, Korean and Polish . Ask the staff.
- Maximum capacity per tour is 12 people
- If you have a group of more than 12 people, please contact us, we will arrange close time slots for you
- Recommeded for kids 12 years and older. In that case you can choose Non-alcoholic tasting.
- Wheelchair accessible