Explore Prague’s treasure among monuments – A symbol of the Czech State that is over 1000 years old. Take your time and enjoy the beauty and imposing atmosphere of Prague Castle Interiors. Learn about its dramatic history and listen to the most interesting stories about saints and monarchs who left their mark here. Admire the stunning beauty of St. Vitus Cathedral, Old Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica, and Golden Lane. After the tour relax and enjoy a 3 course lunch consisting of a variety of seasonal dishes. Enjoy panoramic views and take stunning pictures - all this with a knowledgeable local guide!
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
Food and drink
- Skip-the-ticket-line tour with local professional guide
- Guided tour through the Prague Castle complex
- Expert commentary inside St. Vitus Cathedral, Old Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica and Golden Lane
- Breath-taking views of the historical centre and Charles Bridge
- Enjoy delicious homemade Czech and International cuisine after your tour
Imposing, grand, impressive… just some of many words that describe the magnificent house of Czech rulers – the Prague Castle.
Prague Castle has become an UNESCO World Heritage site for remaining the largest castle in the world for over 1200 years. This large-scale composition of palaces and ecclesiastical buildings of various ages and architectural styles proudly overlooks the town from a high rock above the Vltava River.
Take this opportunity to explore the complex of Prague Castle and its magnificent interiors with a private guide, skip the ticket line and start your Castle adventure!
Meet your guide in front of the main Castle entrance (the Western Gate) at Hradčanské Square by the statue of president Masaryk. Enjoy a breath-taking panorama of Prague from one of its top viewpoints, then walk through the gates and start your tour. No matter how large and overwhelming the Castle may seem, with your private guide you will navigate easily and won’t miss any of its hidden gems.
Admire the monumental splendour of the gothic St. Vitus Cathedral, its stained glass windows and richly decorated chapels. See the tombs of old kings and emperors as well as patron saints. Learn about the crypt where the Czech kings are buried and the Crown Chamber, where the Crown Jewels are kept. Marvel at the beauty of the Last Judgment Mosaic and visit the halls of the Old Royal Palace, learning about crucial historical events, such as the famous Defenestration of Prague, which triggered the Thirty Years War.
Then continue to the St. George's Basilica, the oldest surviving church building within Prague Castle which belongs to the oldest convent in the Czech Lands - Benedictine St. George's Abbey. Within its simple-dim walls you will travel back thousands of years to medieval times. As a beautiful highlight of your tour you can look forward to discovering the most picturesque street in Prague – the Golden Lane. With its colourful miniature dwellings it seems like a world on its own within the Castle walls. Here you can see how common people such as castle shooters or goldsmiths lived in the past, as well as what medieval prison and torture rooms looked like.
Finally, filled with new experiences, feelings, and emotions, conclude your tour with a 3 course lunch.
In the 3 course lunch menu - you can choose from a variety of dishes, so give yourself at least an hour to soak up the view and have a tasty meal.
- Professional guide
- Admission ticket to Prague Castle (including St. Vitus Cathedral, the Old Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica and the Golden Lane)
- Practical map of Prague Castle complex
- Meal (3 course lunch)
- 1 x Beer /Wine / Soda
- 1 x Coffee / Tea
Meeting point info
- Hradčanské náměstí, by the statue of president Masaryk, our guide will hold an orange umbrella.
Direstions: the nearest public transport stop is "Brusnice" or „Pohořelec“(tram 22 and 23), both 8 min pleasant walk from the meeting point.
Meeting point map
Know before you go
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of your tour
- Wear warm clothing in autumn/winter time and bring umbrella in case of rain
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- Not wheelchair accessible